Brain-Boosting, Simple Tricks
If your brain is stuck in a rut, try any of these fun and simple tricks to get it going again.
- Doodle. NPR reports how doodling can kickstart your brain when it is bored.
- Journal. Write down your thoughts, create a poem, or find some other way to express yourself in a personal journal.
- Music. Listening to music, whether it's a small chamber music ensemble or a full-out rock show, will stimulate your brain.
- Listen to Mozart. Learn about "The Mozart Effect" and how it can help your brain get going and work better.
- Study a foreign language. Listen to a bit of a foreign language tape or go online to study a bit to get your brain in gear.
- Switch hands. Try using your less dominant hand for simple tasks like eating or writing to stimulate your brain.
- Think positively. A simple change of perspective can perk your brain and make you feel empowered as well.
- Smile. Smile and laugh often. A silly joke or sharing a smile with a co-worker or friend is a fun way to get your brain going again.
- Aromatherapy. Aromatherapy offers a boost to your brain through various scents which work to stimulate, calm, energize, and more.
- Use your brain. Doing tasks such as avoiding the calculator for simple arithmetic or thinking through perplexing problems is sure to get your mind working.
- Write down dreams. Do this as soon as you wake up in the morning. This is especially effective if you are trying to come up with creative ideas or solutions.
- Send a note to a friend. Whether you send a quick text message or hand-write a note, the social connection and shift of focus will help kickstart your brain.
- Use chopsticks. The mental challenge of using chopsticks with a snack or lunch will give your brain a boost and teach you a new skill.
Was this article helpful? Yes -0 No -0 26